But, before we create a website for you, there are some things to think about.
- How important will it be for your site to appear when people search online for a business/product line like yours. –
- Some customers just want a place to be able to send people to for one reason or another. In these cases, the total cost of the website will be minimal.
- Others will want to be found when people search online for there type of business or products. A website that is competing nationally or internationally will require more seo and possibly some online advertising work in order to get noticed in an online search.
- How much work are you planning on doing yourself?
- Time is money – the more I / we do, the more you have to pay …The more you do, the more it takes you away from your normal responsibilities.
- Many want us to build the site, put a little info into it, and then teach them how to create and update for the future.
- Others want us to not only build the website, but maintain it as well.
- We can, if you like, actually teach you how to build and maintain a website from scratch.
Building a website, for most is just the beginning.
After the website is built (or during the process, if arranged ahead of time), the process of SEO comes into play. SEO stands for “search engine optimization”. This involves tweaking things on and off the site as well and is too involved to go into detail here.
For companies that have a lot of competition on the net, this might be an ongoing process. Our web design company can do different aspects of this on an hourly rate, some on a flat rate, or it can be set up as a monthly event, depending on your budget.
Your website starts with a “Domain Name”.
This is what one usually sees in the address bar of the browser, like ” https://www.bwsites.net”. The domain name is the least expensive element of the web design experience. Companies charge any where from about 7.99 to 19.00 / year. I have seen some of the so called “cheap” web hosts charge as high as $29.99 /year after the first year!
We currently give you the first year free, and bill anually @ $16.99 for domain renewal, which includes “domain privacy”. Domain privacy will help you to NOT be inundated with unsolicited email and mail offers from new companies wanting to sell you something you don;t need.
Another ongoing expense is Web Hosting.
After you have all this information about your company organized into “web pages”, you need a way for people of the world to be able to see. It’s like when you take a picture of your dog, people can’t see it on your phone or camera, unless they are right there with you so you can show it to them. If you wanted everyone in the world to see it, you have to put it somewhere that is accessible to the whole world.
That’s where the www (world wide web) comes into play. Companies around the world have set up very large computers to store all your website content and be able to have it accessible 24/7 so anyone, anywhere, with web access, can see it.
Web hosting has a lot of variables in terms of service, amenities and price. Some sites advertise “Free” websites, but then charge outrageous prices for on going services. I have recently seen companies charging as high as $50.00/mo. JUST FOR WEB HOSTING!.
Currently, we charge $14.99/mo. billed annually. This will include free domain hosting for the first year (For new domain registries), and up to 15 email accounts, which some charge additional for.
(If you site is an Ecommerce site, selling lots of products, there could be additional charges for SSL security and a “store” platform to build your site on.)
We understand the importance of being able to afford a website.
Many companies are charging thousands of dollars for a basic website. My first website cost me $1,000 just for the front page and, after that, I had to learn how to add, and then add ALL my own content.
Not only are businesses being charged thousands of dollars just for a website, but they are also being charged hugh hourly rates each month just to maintain the site. Now, keeping up with technology and the constant menace of online hackers and staying ahead of the competition does require maintenance, but our hourly rates make it a whole lot more affordable.